Tuesday, January 29, 2013

You kissed me with your jokes and your kindness and your genuineness. I fell in love with the things we never said and the things we never had. But now our conversations fall short and the important words are kept inside these mouths of ours. We're growing farther apart with every day that passes and I feel older with every day we don't talk. We try and we try but we don't know what we're doing at all and maybe we should just stop pretending we could be a real us one day. I thought you were the one to make it better, but these doubts are eating my bones and my night's sleep and they are nibbling at my heart and I wish there was a way to stop them. 

We're sitting along on our separate beds with hundred miles and thousand words between us listening to the sound of the rain and of everything falling apart.